2011-07-28

Interview with Warren: Сингапур, манай ээж найз залууг маань халамжилдаг

picture by: Warren
1. What do people call u by?
Ans: Warren
2. This is considered to be a sensitive question but How old are you?
Ans: 36 coming 37 years old but I look about 45 maybe ha ha.
3. What do u classify urself to be?
-cub?
-bear?
-chaser?

Ans: I don’t know about this. Bears are really rare in Asia. I don’t think I qualify to be one of them.
4. How does it feel like, being a gay bear in Singapore?

source: bear-asia.net


Picture by: WarrenAns: I don’t feel anything special about being gay in Singapore. I had a good childhood, a good teenage life and now a good adult life.
I have loved, be loved and had my fair share of experiences, good and bad. I do feel safe being gay in Singapore.
5. Finish the sentence: During the weekends I…
Ans: I go out with my close friends or my family. Sometimes I stay in and play World of Warcraft all day when I feel like it.
I also play volleyball on Sunday afternoons if there is a game going on.
6. Are you attached?
Ans: Yes. All my life since I was 19 years old. Different bfs though. I am a sucker for relationships.
Currently doing a long-distance relationship. I never thought I would be able to last 3 months in a LDR but its over 2 years now and still
going strong. Got use to taking Jetstar flights to Hong Kong and back. Its like taking a 3.5 hour bus ride for me now. Nothing too diffiult. Internet helps a lot.
picture by: Warren
7. How did you guys meet?
Ans: At a bar in Hong Kong. We were introduced by another friend. Didn’t know it was gonna become like this.
8. Describe your partner.
Ans: Sleeps too much, messy, snores very loudly, careless, good sense of humour, gossipy, creative, good tempered, matured emotionally, fun to be with,
will follow instructions, romantic, takes good pictures of me and knows how to handle me when I am upset or angry.
9. Do you have any sexual/romantic fantasies that has yet to be ventured.
Ans: Hmm.. We are both pretty open with each other regarding sex. I don’t think we have any sexual fantasies that we have not tried or talked about.
As to romantic fantasies, well, we try make that happen as much as possible so I do not know what we would like to do and we have not done yet. I believe
romantic memories must be made or created. It about making an effort to make it happen.
10. You have a lot of pictures taken, are you a model for some bear magazine?
Ans: We are not model quality. I don’t think we can even be considered Bears. We do have a lot of pictures taken (I think over
20k shots to date) because we are both incredibly vain. We take good pictures of each other and we both like doing it.
It is something we like doing especially when we travel or go to some special events. The pictures helps us remember all the good/bad times we have together.
We also like taking pictures of our friends and make everyone look good with good lighting, poses and Lightroom.
11. What is your favourite holiday destination and why?
Picture by: WarrenAns: I would have to say it is the Maldives. I would like to live there for a month or 3 (with internet connection)! It is a great place for a romantic short trip.
A partner (bf or fuck buddy) is a “must have” on this trip. Basically once u get to your resort, there is nothing to do but to eat, sleep, fuck, sleep, eat,
read, fuck, cuddle, snorkle, sleep, eat, cuddle, fuck, suntan, read….
No need for TV, shopping, your watch, your handphone or even walk far because you can walk around your resort’s island in less than 10 mins usually.
It helps that the sea is really blue, teeming with corals and colourful fishes and the sand is so white that it glows under the full moon.
I love to spend the early evenings just lazing on the private deck and stare dumbly at the horizon while enjoying the breeze with soft beach holiday music in the background.
The photos of maldives don’t do it justice. You need to be there to understand why I have what my NUS lecturer called “atoll addiction”.
I have been there 6 times and looking forward to go there again hopefully sometime soon.
12. Are you out to your family and friends? If so, how did they react to you telling them.
Ans: I am out to my family and my close friends. I have never really hid it from my family and friends. I am comfortable with my sexuality since teenage and
have since work hard to ease this on my family members. My parents, of course, are upset and harbour hopes that this homosexuality is just a passing phase but
I have since told them firmly that it is not going away and it is part of me. They need to try to live with it. I think my family, especially my mum, is doing
a great job handling it. She is always friendly and chatty with all my friends, gay or straight, and takes care of my bf when he stays over.
For my part, I have, since young, do my best to be a good son by acting responsibily, not bringing home much troubles for my parents and telling them about what
I am doing so they do not worry. I also got my bf to be involved in my family activities so my family will know him better. I also try to work him into conversations
I have with my mum so she knows more about him.
Pictures by:  Warren
Some people might think I am lucky to have my family accepting my homosexuality. While it may be true that luck does play some part, I think a lot of it is the
result of the efforts put in to get it through and showing them that being gay doesn’t make me any different as a son, brother or friend. A lot of us under-estimate
the love our parents have for us. They might be upset at first but eventually they will want us to be happy. In the meantime, we will have to continue to be
their good child and let them know what is going on with our life instead of shutting them out. I believe that What people do not understand, they fear. It is our responsibility to
try help them understand about homosexuality, for our own good.
With regards to my sister, brother-in-law and my close friends, I have no problems with them knowing I am gay. They wouldn’t be considered “close” friends if they
cannot accept this important part of me.
Thank you!
Facebook: Warren See

source: bear-asia.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment